What is the first process in planning a project schedule quizlet?
The first process in developing a project schedule is to identify all the resources available to work on the project. The critical path is the sequence of activities that represent the shortest path through the project, which determines the shortest possible duration of the project.
The first, and most crucial, step in the planning process is to determine what is to be accomplished during the planning period.
Phase 1: Project initiation
The project initiation phase is the first stage of turning an abstract idea into a meaningful goal. In this stage, you need to develop a business case and define the project on a broad level. In order to do that, you have to determine the need for the project and create a project charter.
- monitoring and control.
Developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the five phases of project management include conception and initiation, project planning, project execution, performance/monitoring, and project close.
- Step 1: Define Activities. ...
- Step 2: Sequence Activities. ...
- Step 3: Estimate Resources. ...
- Step 4: Estimate Durations. ...
- Step 5: Develop Schedule.
- Initiation defines project goals and objectives. ...
- Planning sets out the project scope. ...
- Execution is when the deliverables are created. ...
- Monitoring and management occur during the execution phase and may be considered part of the same step.
The project management triangle is made up of three variables that determine the quality of the project: scope, cost, and time. The triangle demonstrates how these three variables are linked—if one of the variables is changed, the other two must be adjusted in order to keep the triangle connected.
- Resources: People, equipment, hardware/software.
- Time: Task durations, schedule management, critical path.
- Money: Costs, contingencies, profit.
- Scope: Project size, goals, requirements.
The first step in any project is to define the “what” and “why.” Key stakeholders have the influence and authority to determine whether a project is successful, and their objectives must be satisfied.
What is the first step in the planning process quizlet?
The first step in the planning process is determining goals.